Saturday, March 29, 2008

Games: finishing games

I was reading Kotaku and one of the post was of interest to me. The question asked was "Do you ever finish all your games?" Its a good question. For me, i only finish games that are really compelling and fun. But many games i don't finish.

Some of the more recent games i finished are Bioshock and God of War Chains of Olympus. I think one of the keys of why i finished these games is because for Bioshock's case the story was too good that i needed to see what happens in the end. For God of War, the story was ok, but the gameplay is just the best and it never gets old decapitating your enemies.

I would say part of the reason i don't finish games is that i don't play much anymore. Academics, my girlfriend and my friends are a hard balance enough, games don't really come into play unless i am playing games with my friends. But that usually consist of us playing SSB64 or RockBand.

Any single player game i play usually happens during my breaks (like the one i have now). If i am not playing my 360 (i didn't bring it down) i am playing my psp (i didn't bring that either). So now, i'm playing C&C 3 on my pc (well my mac but i have vista installed).

While playing C&C, i realized i have lost the RTS mindframe. I used to be good back in the days of Red alert 2. But now, i got pwned by the CPU on easy, yeah easy, on the last mission of the GDI campaign.

I'm more of a FPS person now but i still don't finish all my games. Some games i haven't finished: Mass Effect, Call of Duty 4, The Darkness, Assassin's Creed, Gears of War, Okami and Company of Heroes. All these games are great game and i haven't beaten any of them. I am hoping in the summer i will focus more of my free time towards my single player games.

No comments: