Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Tech-Rap and Dances

So i have been browsing the web and i have started to see a trend in rap that i would like to share.

Rap is starting to use a lot of techno beats, its insane. I have heard so many on the radio. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying this is bad, i'm just writing what i see.

I don't when this trend began but i remembered couple of years ago seeing UK rappers using techno beats. I've always that it would be a UK thing. But i feel Kanye's new album and Timbalands productions of Justin Timberlake and 50 cent's song has definetely helped it into the mainstream. Now i'm starting to notice old techno songs being used as beats. But i don't know if i can say its a good thing for the techno people.

I heard this new song from the most viewed today by a Miami group called Grind Mode called She's So Fly. I won't lie, i really feel the song but one thing that annoys me a little is along with this song comes a new dance...the jook. Check out the guy in the black darth vader shirt. And the Rock Band drums. Gotta love how things that was nerdy is becoming mainstreams. Nerds are taking over!!



Which comes to my next topic. There is never an end to these new dances. I thought we have passed that phase where we needed to apply a dance to a new song to make it appreciable to the public. Apparently Soulja Boy proved me wrong. I also heard a new E-40 song called Turf Drop. I thought going dumb and ghostriding were the only two things in hyphy movement. Apparently there is a dance called turfing. Can't wait to see if this catches on or not.

I'll try to post more, cause right now i have so much more to say but i feel this is enough.

No comments: